Saturday, August 24, 2013

Six Kadam High...

Just some up-em-dates. 

Molded the finished side in silicone rubber, once cured, I gave it a plaster bandage shell for support, and pumped out two castings with shitty hobby store resin (the last time I use that).

Of the two shit castings I used the least bubbly to help keep proportions the similar on the sculpt of the other side. It's still a work in progress but it is getting closer.



On an unrelated note, I recently took up bookbinding. While working on the Ra piece, I was alternately working on a book/CD case for an extra copy of the Skyrim soundtrack I got ages ago. The book is gonna be turned into a copy of "An Explorer's Guide to Skyrim" with the discs inside: Shawshank Redemption style.

Because I'm so clever.


I didn't document how I put the book together (it was a really messy process) as I was putting the thing together with no experience and little skill. In any case, it turned out okay. Hand cut drawing paper, hand-sewn together, and hand-made fabric book cloth. You can look all these methods up online and there are tons of great videos out there showing how it's done. I thought about making a video, myself, documenting how I put mine together as an example to "how not to put a book together."

But, that would've been embarrassing to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment