Thursday, November 7, 2013

Some Quick Builds: A Scarecrow and Some Books

I had some more burlap fabric (thinking about bookbinding) than I had anticipated, so I decided to do something with it.

Why not Scarecrow from Batman Begins?

Stitched and put together on Tuesday, distressed it Wednesday, took photos this morning (Thursday) after some more touch-ups. 

The only things I bought were the hemp rope to stitch the thing together with and the d-rings in the back; everything else I made with stuff on hand, by hand. The noose rope is a bit thicker than the original but, again, this was made with whatever I had laying around.

Took a total of 5-6 hours worth of work in all.









Before that, I had some left-over paper from the Skyrim CD Case/Book thing I did. Not wanting to throw it away, I turned it into some books. They'll be up on my Etsy shortly, they won't go for much, but I just want to get rid of the things.



Clearly, the green one is based off of the journal Indy has in Raiders when he's in the Well of Souls and the blue one is just one I made in the vein of the previous one. They're all beaten and battered to hell because when I was putting them together, I did it kinda quickly, therefore: sloppy. So, in order to create some continuity in the overall look, I just beat the hell out of them.

S'fuckin' easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment