Sunday, November 24, 2013

Party-Man

Can rock a party like nobody can.

So long have I waited for this day. So long! And now I have it. Still needs suspender buttons but I'll get those on when I have the suspenders with it.


Took quite a while to put these together, I was going off of vintage patterns for tuxedo pants that were in French and assumed that the person sewing knew enough about sewing that it left out any instructions and things like the waistband, fly, pockets, and lining (all of which I added to the final pants). So, learning as I went. Again.


Lining on the inside were left-overs of the Joker Mob tie I made awhile back. I can't tell you what a happy little mistake these were. I just didn't want to throw them away, so I put them in the pants. As a result, not only do they make the front pleats lay straight but they. Feel. So. DAMN. GOOD!

Need the shirt, shoes, waistcoat, and jacket now and I'm good to go. Not like I'll ever wear them but just to say I have them is what is important.

2 comments:

  1. Make Jokers revolver and it'll be complete.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny. I've thought about it and I think I can make it, but haven't gotten around to it because I can't get over the whole telescoping-barrel thing and not have it look like it's telescopic.

      Delete