Saturday, March 22, 2014

H.P. Lovecraft and Happy Jack

I've been seeing a lot of these "Cthulhu Idols" pop up lately so I decided a couple days ago to try my hand at it.

Blocked it out in clay in about an afternoon and am just sculpting as I go. I don't much know about the whole Cthulhu-lore beyond what Google tells me (because I never really cared for Lovecraft's writing) but I'm gonna see where this goes.

Currently, it stands close to eight inches tall.





Oh, and the little clump of excess clay that was shaved off from the statue had a little, peculiar hole in the middle of it that...well, I couldn't resist.

5-10 minutes of just goofing around.






2 comments:

  1. You should go all out and sculpt a full 7 inch Joker figure, paint that shit up, make molds, then sell'em.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dunno about all that but that little sculpt (I do mean little, the head was tiny) has given me more incentive to do an alternate head for my Hot Toys Jack. Specifically, the museum "melted" face.

      Delete