Sunday, December 29, 2013

Majora's Mask - Part 4

Okay, got it molded and a support shell made around the sculpt.

 The mold came out alright but I think I might have to invest in a pressure chamber in the future. As smooth as most of it is, there are still some air bubbles in the silicone, which only means more clean up work later.





 Also, looking at the edges, I felt they were too thin; the mask itself should be thicker. I originally thought of laying paper around the edges and I'd lay some more silicone over that to extend the the lips inward some more, but I thought that too risky. It could potentially mess up my mold and I just currently don't have the resources to do it again.

SOLUTION: Put the mold back on the sculpt and just carve chunks out of the base and fill the undercuts with more silicone.
 (sculpt survived mostly intact but I removed the edging for ease)

This is where it is now until I work on it more tomorrow. My ravine is carved and just needs some silicone.


No comments:

Post a Comment