Thursday, January 30, 2014

The Penultimate Majora's Mask - Part 6.75

Alright, so much for my four day plan to get this thing done, but it is almost finished now. All's left to do is the eyes (light them up, that is).

BAM!


This is where that week went. The box next to the mask is a vacuum former and, boy, did that take longer than what it should have for what it is. For most people, it takes an afternoon to get one up and running; for me, it takes three days.

Once that was up and running, I went and bought, from a nearby plastics supply company, a 4'x8' sheet of .02 PETG and ended up going through three feet of plastic before I got a good pull for my eyes (which were formed with the "eye pucks" I casted and my oven).

Paint it up and that's where I am now. Gotta figure out how to set up the lights and all tomorrow and, if I'm motivated enough, maybe put straps on it.

1 comment: